The Department of Population Health Sciences is committed to advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion across its broader mission of research, education, community impact, and in its synergies across the University of Utah.
Read the letter from the PHS Department Chair on our department’s commitment to racial justice.
The EDI Committee evaluates the department's current practices, develops appropriate solutions to advance EDI priorities, and works to implement and monitor change. Our committee is open to all members of the PHS community, and aims to have representation from students, postdoctoral scholars, staff, and faculty.
The EDI committee supports PHS in achieving the following objectives:
- Recruit a diverse faculty, staff, and trainee population, and develop a pipeline for students underrepresented in population health sciences.
- Support and retain faculty, staff, and trainees by creating a safe and equitable work environment where all individuals feel a sense of belonging.
- Train the next generation of scientists to recognize and address inequities and health disparities.
- Ensure that our policies are not biased and that our guiding values are clearly articulated both internally and externally.
- Increase local community engagement by promoting opportunities for service and action, and supporting research that engages diverse local communities.
- Use our knowledge of, expertise in, and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) to be leaders in our health system, broader academic institution, and fields of study for promoting EDI.
University of Utah Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion - serves all of University of Utah, with resources including:
EDI Requests for support such as: Resources Event participation Training Consultations
Blog & Newsletter - sign up to be notified of latest posts and ev
University of Utah Health Equity Diversity, & Inclusion - serves University of Utah Health, with resources including:
|EDI Offices||Transparency on
Graduate School Diversity Resources - serves the Graduate School, with resources including:
- Graduate School Diversity Office
- Comprehensive Resource Guide for Diverse Grad Students
- Comprehensive Resource Guide for Faculty & Staff
- & many more!